1 hour 45 mins
Matcha Milk Paste Ingredients
5 tsp Matcha powder
60mL of full fat milk
1/4 cup of thickened cream
1.5 cups of almond meal (150g)
1/4 cup psyllium husk powder (32g)
1/2 cup of sweetener (erythritol & stevia mix)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 cup of whipping cream
1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
1 tsp powdered gelatin
4 Tbsp powdered sweetener (erythritol & stevia mix)
Matcha Milk Paste
- Heat the milk in a saucepan and stir in matcha powder to make a paste. As the mixture heats and thickens, add dashes of thickened cream to give it a more liquid consistency. Do not let it boil.
- Set aside to cool.
- Preheat fan forced oven to 170 deg Celsius.
- In an electric mixer, add almond meal, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, the sweetener, pinch of salt and mix well.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and olive oil to the centre and mix well.
- Add matcha milk paste and mix until smooth.
- Line a rectangular cake pan with baking paper.
- Spread cake mix with a spatula into the rectangular cake pan.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 min. Do not overcook.
- Let cool for 5 min before removing.
- Roll the cake with the baking paper to let it mould into shape from the short side of the rectangle. Cover with a tea towel for 2-3 minutes while you make the filling.
Swiss Roll Filling
- Place water in a heatproof cup and sprinkle gelatin to dissolve for 5 min.
- Microwave if needed in 10 sec blocks until gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Meanwhile whip the cream, mascarpone and powdered sweetener until soft peaks form.
- Add the gelatin while the mixer is still on and keep whipping until stiff peaks.
- Carefully unroll the cake. (The cake is fragile and may crack)
- Spread the whipped cream/cheese filling on top the cake.
- Pour the jam on top of the cream layer.
- Start rolling from the short side, taking care not to press too hard. Some of the jam/filling will spill out.
- Place in the refrigerator for ½ hour to firm up before cutting.
- Dust with powdered sweetener.
- Cut into slices and serve.
You can store the cake in the fridge for up to 5 days .
Serving Size 1 slice
Calories per serving 235
Total fat 20g
Saturated Fat 7g
Total Carbs 8.0g
Dietary Fibre 3.0g Sugars 2.0g
% daily value*
Note on nutritional information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.